Summary of Professional Experience
Pax8 Denver, CO 2018
- Updated Jenkins server with Cucumber, Selenium, and Chrome Headless driver resulting in faster test execution.
- Identified and patched security vulnerabilities resulting in greater PCI and HIPPA compliance.
- Updated Nagios and CloudWatch monitoring, resulting in greater visibility of application health and status.
- Redesigned AWS VPN resulting in greater performance for developers.
Seagate Longmont, CO 2014-2017
Senior ClusterStor Test Engineer
- Performed test qualification of ClusterStor G200 Spectrum Scale HPC resulting in product to market.
- Performed test qualification of ClusterStor 9000 Lustre HPC resulting in a higher quality product.
- Implemented in-house python automated tests to reduce test time, improve efficiency, and increase product stability.
FreeCast Orlando, FL 2014
- Designed autoscaling AWS infrastructure for Django application using OpsWorks, reducing operational costs.
- Implemented version control using Git resulting in shorter deployment efforts to production.
- Redesigned entire office network with WAN fail-over, and VoIP traffic shaping, decreasing downtime.
Symantec Heathrow, FL 2012-2014
Senior Linux Administrator
- Designed and built redundant VMware vCloud for remote virtual training.
- Led deployment of paperless training utilizing 400 iPads globally, reducing printing operations by 65 percent.
- Developed a course scheduling system using Ruby on Rails, resulting in a 75% reduction in scheduling errors.
- Redesigned hardware inventory control utilizing Zenoss SNMP discovery mechanism, reducing operational difficulties.
Atlantic.net Orlando, FL 2009-2011
Senior Linux Administrator
- Developed public virtualization offering utilizing KVM, and ZFS.
- Lead the implementation of security audits using OpenVAS and IDS using Snort.
- Enhanced system environment monitoring using SNMP, Nagios, and Cacti reducing response time to failures.
- Developed and supported custom iptables firewalls.
Bright House Networks Orlando, FL 2005-2007
Service Technician II
- Directly involved in the Digital Transition Safety Act of 2005 facilitating the transition from analog to digital television for hundreds of customers.
- Delivered emergency restoration services through Hurricane Charley Restoration Team.
- Operating Systems: Debian, Redhat based systems, Windows, OSX.
- Virtualization/Clustering/Cloud: AWS, Openstack / Libvirt, KVM, Pacemaker
- System monitoring: Prometheus, Zenoss, Cacti, statsd, Nagios (SNMP)
- Control panels, and frameworks (plesk, cpanel, etc)
- Networking: DNS, NFS, SSL, SNMP, DNS, Cisco IOS, OSI TCP/IP Networking CIDR/VLSM Subnetting
- Programming Languages: Python, Ruby, bash/shell, markup languages including LaTeX, R, Markdown, HTML and CSS.
- Security: RBAC,NIST,CIS/STIG
- Apps: tmux, ssh, RStudio, GIMP, pandoc, Jupyter
Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate License 3ZZR85VCJEVQQ1KN